Monday, April 05, 2010

Easter Fun

I got together with some friends from my freshman year of college last week. Andi, Michelle and I all live pretty close now, which is fun! We had a good time catching up and seeing each others kids at Purina Farms.We got to pet some animals, including this duckling.Benjamin and Peter loved these tables full of corn and toy tractors. But the highlight might have been just running down a grassy hill and picking dandelions (which were just on the other side of the fence).Benjamin, Avery, Berkeley and Peter. Weston didn't make it much past the dog show. It was a pretty hot afternoon!

On Easter morning, I let the boys dye some eggs. Only a few were cracked and Peter only drank a little bit of the red. He kept calling it juice.
We had some difficulty watching General Conference this weekend since we don't have TV, and I couldn't figure it out on our new computer. Paul assures me I'll come to love our new Mac, but it will take some getting used to. Anyways, we got to see a session on Saturday and a session on Sunday at the church. Lots of good counsel for parents! Afterwards, we came home and had a little egg hunt in the backyard.
Then we had some festive cupcakes while Benjamin helped me recount the story of the first Easter. I convinced Paul to hop on an earlier flight so the boys could see him before they went to bed. Benjamin made him this sign (he traced the most of the letters, but wrote his name completely on his own). We are all SO GLAD to have him back! Three weeks was way too long.My parents are driving out here as I type this to spend their Spring Break with us. They are graciously using their break to help us update our bathroom and do a few other projects around the house. I'm sure I'll have a few fun "before" and "after" shots to post pretty soon! We're excited to have them out here.

6 comments:

Melanie said...

Looks like a fun weekend. Can't wait to see those project pictures.

Katie Cannon said...

I love Benjamin's Easter shirt!!! it's so cute. I love your boys and I admire you surviving three weeks without other help at the the house! I love yo all and I hope you're feeling well sarah! you are awesome!

Marc and Miriam Deru said...

It was fun to talk to Paul via the webcam at Mom and Dad's the other day. I bet you are so glad to have him home! 3 weeks is a very long time. Somehow though, you've managed to be an awesome, organized, creative and entertaining mom for the whole time. So hats off to you!

And p.s., Macs ARE so much better. Once you've gotten used to the new look and system, you will never want to go back.

Momo Cannon said...

Looks like you had lots of Easter fun and that the weather was nice as well. I am so glad that Paul was able to take the earlier flight and get home to you all. He really missed you but you bore the burden. You are awesome, Sarah! We love you.

Sarah said...

Impressive writing skills Benjamin! Way to go!

I have a hard time with Macs too. I hope you learn to love yours.

stefanie said...

You are a great mom! 3 weeks is a long time. I get so frustrated with our MAC. We definitely missed our annual Easter egg hunt.