Friday, December 04, 2009

Busy Busy

I've been missing my camera for almost two weeks now, and it's driving me crazy! There's so much I've wanted to post about, but I'm a visual person, and you know me--if I don't have dozens of pictures, I don't blog. Anyways, this week, I've been busy helping out with our Regional Creches and Carols Exhibit. I helped design the entryway this year, which proved to be a huge undertaking. We transformed the church hallway into a stable, complete with wood beams, animals, oil lamps, and tons of burlap and raffia.

We also had a marvelous Thanksgiving! I'll post pictures once I have them. We stayed at the Hyrum Smith Farm. It was a really neat experience being in the original house that he built (there were additions to it, but you could tell which part was the original structure). It was a wonderful week spent with Paul's family. We had lots to be thankful for this year!

And we had our new window installed this morning! It looks beautiful, and I can already tell it's improving the insulation to our home. I can't feel any cold drafts coming from it! Novel.

1 comment:

Sarah said...

One of the stakes in our area does a creche festival as well. We love going every year. I imagine it's a huge job that takes a lot of people. That's awesome that you get to help out!