Friday, December 11, 2009

Some Christmas Fun

We have our camera back (thanks for sending it, Grandma)! I tend to blame a lot of things on "pregnancy brain" these days, but for good reason. In the past few weeks, I have blown out a week-old tire, left my phone at the grocery store only to discover its whereabouts two days later, turned on the wrong burner on the stove, and I'm sure the list goes on but I can't remember them all right now. I'm seriously a hazard.

Anyways, I have a few cute pictures of the boys. Here's Benjamin decorating the gingerbread men we made. He did a pretty impressive job I thought! I handed him a tube of decorating gel, left the room, and came back to find they all had eyes, smiles and buttons.
He wrote a nice letter to Santa this year. It says, "BENJAMIN. DEAR SANTA, I'M A GOOD BOY. (I want a) WORKER OUTFIT, DVDs, (monster) TRUCK, (thomas toy) TRAIN." He dictated, then traced the letters Paul drew for him.
I put the letter in an envelope with a stamp and addressed it to his grandparents (I mean the North Pole...), and we were set to send it off in the morning. Until he devised a much better plan. He wanted to put the letter in a box, tape it all up, tie a rope around it, attach the rope to a balloon, and let it float to the North Pole. Unfortunately, the wind wasn't strong enough to overcome gravity's force.
So we made it lighter, but that didn't work either. Then he wanted to get lots of balloons and take our whole family to the North Pole to Santa's house. I told him it was pretty far away and that I didn't know how to get there, but he told me that Daddy would be able to take him. I finally struck a deal with him. I told him Santa might be coming to the church Christmas party tomorrow, and that we could give the letter to him there. Benjamin wants to ask Santa if he can go back in his sleigh with him to the North Pole to put it in his mail room himself. Oh, man...
Here's our Christmas tree this year...I admit it's a little juvenile, but we're cheap. Much to my surprise, Peter has left the ornaments alone, so I haven't had to redecorate it at all. I filled a container near the tree with plastic ornaments that he's free to throw around and play with, and so far, that's seemed to work.
Peter is so much fun these days. His jabbering is starting to turn into words, and he's a great imitator. He loves reading animal stories and imitating the sounds they make. He likes to run now, and climbs up on little chairs. So he does get hurt a lot.
He likes to find the baby Jesus in every nativity. I got this set at the dollar store last year, so I let him rearrange and play with it.

6 comments:

Jeannine said...

Sarah, I am so sad we won't be seeing you and the fam this Christmas! This blog just made me so happy :)
I especially enjoyed the plan to get Benjamin's letter to Santa. I was definitely laughing outloud for a while. But way to play along so far, even giving him a box, some legit rope, and a balloon - you're a great mom :)

Momo Cannon said...

I'm glad you got the camera. Especially since we can get more cute pictures of the boys. Benjamin certainly has an imagination. It will keep you and Paul sharp to stay ahead of his ideas and plans. Love Momo

Hi Lowe! said...

I love it!!! Benjamin is so fun and smart! I love his idea of getting his letter to the north pole! =) And Peter is so big and cute!!!

merathon said...

i can never find our baby Jesus-- Emery is always nabbing it and sticking it in one of her many little purses she carries around!

i think your tree looks great!

McKenna said...

I love your tree. At least you HAVE a tree. My parents did a "kid tree" this year and I love it. I can't belive how old your boys are getting. It's fun watching my own grow too.

Henry Parents said...

I love Benjamin's brilliant idea of "ballooning" a message to Santa. Very cute. Peter is so big, wow. Weirdly enough, Henry had no interest in the ornaments last year, and for some reason, this year they have proved to be quite alluring. Maybe he's regressing.

Hope you are feeling well!

Adrea