Monday, July 28, 2008

Quick Family Visit

My parents and youngest siblings drove through late Thursday night and stayed until Saturday morning. It was so much fun to see them! They are on their way to Utah where they'll be closing on a new house tomorrow. And the house I grew up in now has new people living in it. So strange.


Here's Jeannine, Michelle, David, my Mom, me, my Dad and Benjamin in front of the St. Louis Temple, which is just a ten minute drive from our house. We also showed them our church building (five minutes from our house) and the best parts of Kirkwood. It was fun to show them where we live!

Mostly, after a LONG day in the car after closing on their house, everyone just wanted to hang out and relax. We finally got out our wading pool, and everyone got their ankles wet as Benjamin had his own little pool party. (Oh, and there's your pregnant belly shot. At least for now.)

Benjamin didn't want to keep his shorts on for very long. But he's good about keeping his hat on and letting me slather him with sunscreen. (Here's your front-on prego shot)

Oh, and I can't forget a particular highlight of their visit- planting raspberry bush implants from the yard I grew up in! I'm so excited about these! I just hope they do as well as they did in our yard in Virginia. I feel like I have a little bit of home here now.

4 comments:

Melanie said...

Oooh homegrown raspberries. There's nothing quite like it.

Marc and Miriam Deru said...

Sarah, you look significantly more pregnant to me in this picture even than just a couple of weeks ago-- you're adorable! It must have been so fun to have the family there to see where you live. I want to come, too!

Rachel Sorber said...

So fun! I agree--you do look even more pregnant. And very cute, at that.

Sarah said...

You look great! I kind of miss the cute pregnant belly, but I don't miss being pregnant. :)
I hope the raspberries work out. Yum!