Tuesday, June 03, 2008

One Little Monkey

Benjamin was showing me a raccoon outside his bedroom window (it's huge, and scary, and roams around our neighborhood all the time), then randomly started performing his version of "Five Little Monkeys Swinging in the Tree." It's also the version they say in nursery. If you can't quite follow, here's how it goes:

"One little monkey swinging in the tree, teases Mr. Crocodile, 'you can't catch me, no you can't catch me!' Along comes Mr. Crocodile, quiet as can be....and SNAPS that monkey right out of that tree!"

Of course in his version, there is only one very resilient monkey, since he doesn't quite get the concept of subtraction or numbers yet. I was just happy to have caught this on video; he normally refuses to perform!

4 comments:

Liz said...

Oh my gosh. How precious. I love the "NAP!" at the end. What a ham!

Melanie said...

That is really cute. I love that you can see kids at this age really starting to process what you've been teaching them for SO long. What a fun age.

Sarah said...

That is totally cute. What a smart little guy.
I laughed at your comment about waiting for American Idol to end before getting rid of cable because I said the same thing. We kept it 2 extra weeks just to finish that show.

Momo Cannon said...

I loved the "little monkey!" He is adorable!! We are looking forward to having him around here in a few weeks. Love, Grandma Cannon