Thursday, August 18, 2011

Our Very First

Benjamin's big day was yesterday, and boy was he happy about it!  He's in afternoon kindergarten, so he spent all morning asking if it was time to go yet.  He was excited to wear his new Star Wars Lego shirt for his first day.
 Waiting anxiously at the bus stop...
 No hesitation, no tears, no looking back.  He was so ready to ride the big bus!
 Along with many of the other moms and little siblings of bus rider kids, we met up with him at the front of the school.  He was less excited about a picture here.  Just let me start kindergarten already! 
 First few moments in the classroom with his teacher Mrs. Lillick.  She's fantastic!
I will admit I was pretty excited too. I have two kids at home again. Woohoo! :)  The only moment I got a little sad was when Benjamin told me after he got home from his first day that he likes Kindergarten better than home.  Ouch. 
I think Peter is definitely taking the transition the hardest.  He keeps asking when he gets to go to preschool (which I decided not to do this year) and crying when I tell him "not today."  He also had a major meltdown today when Benjamin forgot to give him a hug and a kiss before frolicking off to the bus.  Poor guy.  I think this time apart will be really good though. He'll get a little more one-on-one with me, and a little more time being the big brother with Nora.  I think I still see him as a lot older than he is- it's crazy to think he still has three years before he gets to join his brother in elementary school.  So I get to have lots and lots of time to just savor and enjoy my two little ones before they head off and tell me they love kindergarten more than they love home. :) 

5 comments:

Sarah said...

Awww....he looks so grown up! I'm glad he loves Kindergarten so far (and I'm a little jealous that you guys have school busses!) Also, his school building is gorgeous! Love it! We're still doing the kinder- countdown. Six more days. I can't wait!

Rachel Sorber said...

Awww! That's awesome. I'm happy for you. He is such a big boy!

Momo Cannon said...

Such a momentous day! I hope he keeps the excited attitude I love that his teacher looks "seasoned"! It will be good for Peter to be the big guy for a few hours of the day. The onion is starting to peel.

Marliese said...

Wow, big day at your house. I remember that one for me, and I think you are handling it much better than I did! I teared up as I turned my baby over to someone else's influence for the first real time. Way to be strong, Sarah. Should be a good year.

Becky Lowe said...

I'm so proud of Benjamin! He is certainly ready. Peter is so lucky to have some time with just Mommy and Nora. Enjoy it!