Wednesday, May 14, 2014

Pretty Pictures!

 A funny thing happened this week in the midst of crazy market preparations for our home. I think I'm finally ready to let go. Honestly, this house no longer feels like ours.
Barbara- our Realtor, was a saint, and sent a complimentary cleaning service out this morning, right before she sent out her professional photographer. It's pretty satisfying to see these beautiful photos of all the work we put into it these past several years. Just seeing them gives me some sense of closure.
When Barbara really examined the deck last week, she mentioned that we couldn't sell it as is, without doing some repairs. When we started ripping up a few of the offending boards, it became clear that only about twenty percent of it was still intact. So, naturally, we ripped up the whole thing and replaced it. In 24 hours. It was nuts. 

Staging is funny. This space has only ever been home to a lawnmower and like twenty bags of random yard stuff. But doesn't it look cute now?
 I'll miss this space. But I am excited to start fresh again.




This bathroom has really served all six of us well. It's always in high demand.
 The kitchen really has never looked better. And I've never been more afraid to use it.


 The girl's room really came together too, I think. There's just too much furniture for the space. But we use every bit of it.
 The boys room looks amazing without the boxes and shelves and dressers covered with all their special things. They'll be excited to open that box up again in a few months!
 Our bedroom never did get that promised art over the bed. I decided to let the gorgeous quilt take center stage in here.

 The basement got all put back together in the nick of time.

 Notice the rug is strategically placed right over the still-curing concrete. We can't refinish that surface with stained concrete for another week or so. Also, I still need to paint the ceiling over the burst pipe spot- and ask the photographer to do a little photoshop. :)
 And here's the downstairs bathroom that has been used approximately five times since we've lived here. My Mom knows its quirks better than I do. ;)
Not pictured are the unfinished laundry room and the garage. Both are overflowing with boxes, extra book shelves, art, toys and the millions of other things that need to be put in storage. Gotta get on that.

4 comments:

Liz said...

Your house looks incredible! Can I move in? ;-) Excellent work!

Becky Lowe said...

That house is SO much better than when you found it! It looks so cute, and your decorating flair makes it so attractive and inviting. Nice job, Sarah and Paul! I especially can appreciate the new deck, done in 24 hours, without any sanding or painting involved. Pretty!

Jeannine said...

Wow. Seriously wow. Your house looks amazing! You've done an incredible job fixing it up and making it look gorgeous and VERY sell-able! Really, I doubt you'll have any troubles selling it. And I can't believe Paul built that beautiful deck in such a small amount of time! Nice work to you all :)
As for the house not feeling like your home anymore, that's sad. I remember feeling that way moving out of our Virginia house. But it definitely makes it a little easier to leave it in the end. Good luck with house searching, though, and I can't wait to see what you're looking at!

Rachel Sorber said...

Wow, Sarah. I'm really impressed. Not only with the beautiful pictures, but with your flair for decorating and making your space feel homey and put together. I should hire you to come fix me up when I get a place of my own some day... :)

Best of luck selling and buying! I can see why you may be feeling a little bit cramped in that house--I hope you find something with a little more elbow room...and a few less issues.