Friday, March 28, 2014

365 Days of Lydia

 Well this has been the fastest year of my life to date. I have a one year old again.
My sweet ball of fluff has grown and become a delightful, destructive, and distinct little person with her own ideas and tastes.
 Peter has been counting down days until Lydia's birthday for weeks, and made sure we opened a few presents first thing in the morning. Lydia got quite the haul!
I made her a six layer coconut cake with a bunny on top. It wasn't much to look at, but boy was it delicious! We're still enjoying it.
Lydia has just started pushing back on taking her morning naps, and had about had it by the time we pulled out the cake. She would not touch it. So when I "guided" her little hand into the frosting, just to get a taste, she was not amused. Poor girl.
 Lydia has just started taking steps! She typically takes about three before hurling herself into my arms.
 She is starting to show a little more interest in books lately. One of her favorites is "Pat the Bunny," so we got her a stuffed "Pat" of her own.
 I also found this cute little rocker at Goodwill, and brought it home for her (and for Nora, who has been asking for a little chair for at least a year). Ankles crossed!
Lydia is a quiet, mischievous little girl. She has no problem playing by herself, but there is usually a big mess left in her wake. She also has a cute little sense of humor and the greatest giggles.
I'm not sure whether I'm excited for or dreading these toddler years ahead. I think she'll keep me busy, but her cuddly, affectionate little personality might just make up for any funny business. We're so lucky to call this sweet Lydia ours!

One year old physical growth stats: 7 teeth, 25 lbs. (97%), 29 1/2" (59%) and head 18 1/4" (85%).

3 comments:

Rachel Sorber said...

That girl is just so cute! She's a little Peter mini to me, but I guess she's got her own little style, too. It's a little sad to see how the increased calorie burning she's been doing with her little mobile self is beginning to melt off some of the fluffy squishiness that is so signature Lydia. She'll be just like her mama--skinny and light before too long.

Go give her neck a little raspberry from her auntie Rachel. I miss her.

Danielle said...

Oh, I'd forgotten about Pat the Bunny! Miles destroyed his little paper back version long ago, but I should get a new one for Bradley.

Melanie said...

How did I not realize before now that our babies are so close in age? Lydia just seems so much older, and Austin turns one in just under a month.

She's darling!