Thursday, May 17, 2012

The End of the Beginning

 Peter just finished up his first year of preschool. It's amazing to me how fast time flies! Since he's an October birthday, he'll have two more years of preschool before he starts kindergarten, but I'm still glad we had him go this year.
 The end of the year celebration is always at the Bailey's pool in their backyard. The Baileys are a family in our ward whose children are mostly grown. Sister Bailey brings in a professional Montessori teacher and keeps a portion of her home permanently set up as a classroom. She does this as a service, so the small monthly fee we pay goes directly to the teacher. It may not be the closest preschool to us, but there really are no comparisons as far as I'm concerned.
 Peter with his teacher, Mrs. Brown, and Sister Bailey. We love them!
Peter's come a long way this year. He's sounding out words with ease, and his writing has significantly improved. He's made friends, and has developed confidence in his abilities. He's able to entertain himself, "use his words," and stay on task. According to all of his primary teachers and leaders at church, he's the best behaved Sunbeam in his class, which I'm sure has lots more to do with his preschool than with me. I'm sure proud of my Peter, and feel blessed to have such a great preschool for him. We'll miss it these next few months!

2 comments:

Liz said...

There is just nothing like a good teacher. Especially in preschool, I think - it's a kid's first educational experience and it should be a darn good one! Glad Peter landed in a good class. :-)

Rachel Sorber said...

Aww! I'm glad Peter had such a good year. He's growing up! The terrible two's are just a memory now... Well done, Pete. I'm proud of you.