Thursday, August 26, 2010

Utah Trip: The Wedding

We're back! Thanks to my little sister Jeannine and her new husband Jon, we had a pretty good excuse to make a trip out to Utah this summer. It was such a nice vacation! Here's the happy couple in front of the Oquirrh Mountain Temple where they were married.
The rest were taken with our camera, so they're definitely not as good. Jeannine and Jon were beaming!
We have a similar shot of our family at the Oquirrh Mountain Temple open house from a year ago, so we made sure to get a more current version. Nevermind that two of the three children are asleep and Benjamin has a squinty scowl.
I decided to make Nora a little skirt and bow out of the leftover bridesmaid fabric. I thought it turned out cute. The sad part was that it shredded the moment I took it off. Oh, well!
I'm missing my dad in this four-generation shot, but here's Nora, me, and my grandma Nola. My kids are pretty lucky to have three living great-grandmas and one living great-grandpa.
Here's a cute one of my Dad with Peter. Picture time happened to fall right during Peter's nap time.
Benjamin is really cute with Nora, especially when she's all dressed up. He was burying his face in her and giving her kisses here.
The nephews and nieces shot was pretty funny to watch (Wouldn't Jeannine look great with twins?). Benjamin and Anna are not pictured because it was a little too hard to wrangle them in, and Natalie, Lucy and Emily are not pictured because they were off canoeing in Scotland. We sure missed them!
This was my favorite picture of the day- Sarah trying to hug Benjamin. It took a little while for these two to really warm up...
...but once they did, they were really cute together. Here they are sitting at the reception where there was a tree decked out with 1000 paper cranes and white lights. It was pretty spectacular! Congratulations, Jeannine and Jon!

4 comments:

Marc and Miriam Deru said...

Still smiling from the kids shot with Jeannine and Jon. That was funny. :) You were smart to take pictures of the day with your own camera! I'm just counting on the pictures Patti took, so there's a bit of a wait there. Oh, well!

Nicole said...

Twins can be fun but you shouldn't wish them on someone. That being said I wouldn't ever trade mine for two seperate births.

Marliese said...

Fun trip! Weddings are the best. Hard not to have a good time at one of those. Sounds like you had a blast.

Rachel Sorber said...

Oh, how fun! Thank you, thank you for posting all those pictures. It's wonderful to see some of the fun I missed!