Sunday, December 14, 2008

Nativity

Our ward had "A night in Bethlehem" last night, and it was a blast. There were booths set up all around the gym with different items for sale for a penny. We were given a sack of pennies on our way in, so we had plenty to buy our dinners, after taxes of course. Benjamin was so excited to go and buy his cheese. Here's the little shepherd boy. We had to tell him he was dressing like David or Samuel from his favorite scripture stories for this to work.
And as the family with the newest baby in the ward, we were asked to be in the live nativity. I was dressed as a very Catholic looking Mary, and we all enjoyed gazing lovingly at our baby while everyone sang beautiful Christmas songs. Fortunately Peter slept in heavenly peace the entire time.

7 comments:

Rebecca said...

I'm glad you posted pics about this because I was trapped behind our primary booth and didn't get there to see your family. I love the picture, you all are a great family.

Haily Brian said...

Sarah that picture of your family is awesome. I loved the party last night too. You guys were so perfect for the part. I loved when we all sang silent night while surrounding your family. We look forward to seeing you tomorrow.

alexandra said...

Such cute photos! I can't believe how big Benjamin is now!

McKenna said...

How cute. I've never seen a Jesus with red hair before. Benjamin makes a cute shepherd. How great that he already has favorite charactors in the scriptures.

Momo Cannon said...

What a wonderful experience for you all! We expect a repeat performance on Christmas Eve here! Love, Grandma Cannon

Rachel Sorber said...

So cute! Sounds like a great ward activity! I'm glad they picked the cutest little baby to play the most important part!

Robert, Melanie and fam said...

AHhh!! The picture of your whole family sitting there is priceless! It's so beautiful! You should have it blown up and framed. I love the look you and Paul are giving each other. That was such a great idea for a Christmas party I really enjoyed it!