Sunday, September 15, 2013

Girls/Boys Night

On Friday night, Paul took the boys to the annual Fathers and Sons Camp-out. This was no small sacrifice for him, since he was coming down with a cold and has a week of travel ahead of him, but they all had a great time. They broke in our new tent, which sleeps more than 2 1/2 people like our old one did.
 The boys were in heaven, exploring...
 climbing...
 ...but most of all, just having Dad all to themselves.
I was also informed that the camp-out sausage was the best in the world, and that they had "millions." What more could you ask for?
The girls and I had the sister missionaries over for dinner. Nora asked them a few too many times when they were going to leave so we could get on with the real fun, but who could blame her? Once they left, we painted toes and fingers...
We didn't paint Lydia's toes. She just sucked on the bottles of polish.
 We danced to our favorite Disney princess Pandora station music. After the girls were in bed, Mommy even got a minute to catch up on SYTYCD. Hulu posts them a month behind schedule, so I'm pretending I don't know who won yet, even though a certain person (cough...Meredith....cough) may have posted the pre-finale photo to Facebook. ;)
 In the morning, we played dolls.
We even went for a walk with our cute babies. Lydia's had this funny little kick lately where she playfully sticks her tongue out at people. Nora thinks it's funny, and tries to imitate her.
The boys returned that morning with a box of Dunkin' Donuts, as is tradition. Good times.

5 comments:

Liz said...

I love your new blog design! So pretty! And how fun with all the girls time. Your girls are so sweet!

Liz said...

And the shirts are so creative! You are so awesome. I seriously miss you. I even dreamed about you last night!

Okay. Now I'm sounding creepy.

Marc and Miriam Deru said...

I LOVE the picture of Lydia sticking her tongue out with what looks very much like a bonnet on her head. Bonnet? Hat? Very cute. The picture looks like it's straight out of that old Golden Book, "Baby Doll". Nora with her own baby, you with yours. So sweet!

"Millions" of sausage, eh? Doughnuts in the morning? Anna needs to hang out with you guys!

Becky Lowe said...

You two are exceptional parents. What lucky children you have. I don't think I ever painted toenails with my girls. Never occurred to me!

Jeannine said...

It sounds like you all had a blast! I love that Nora was so ready to get on with the party and get rid of the boring sister missionaries... haha. Did you give Lydia a haircut, by the way? She already looks so different!