Thursday, August 23, 2012

First Day of First Grade

Benjamin's off at his third day of school now, but here he is on the beginning of his first day. He was super excited!
 Peter has turned out to be less of a challenge than I thought. If this picture tells you anything, I think he's really enjoying having the house to himself. :) Nora's little world has been rocked more than I thought it would, but she's adjusting to the new routine.
  As can be expected on a first day, the bus was pretty late (We're the second to last stop going to school, and the first stop on the way home. I feel pretty lucky about that!). And when it did arrive, Benjamin ran off without so much as a "goodbye" or "love you" or even a wave. So aside from my own personal injuries, it was a good start. I think he'll do just fine.

3 comments:

Melanie said...

Can you believe we have First Graders?

I'm always so surprised at how kids just do what needs to be done. Get on a bus? Sure. School for a full day? Absolutely!

Marc and Miriam Deru said...

Aw, what a big kid! I'm not surprised by his readiness because that's just the way he is, but "personal injuries" seems a good way to put it for your sake!! Go Ben. And I'm glad Peter's enjoying his time being the oldest at home-- I'll be eager to hear more about him in the next little while.

stefanie said...

I have a first grader that would be so jealous of that bus. It sounds like he is independent. Time flies,