Thursday, November 17, 2011

New Couch!

We've had our beautiful new couch for a couple weeks now, so I thought it might be time for an introduction here...
I love the subtle herringbone texture and the warm camel color. Neutral enough to transfer gracefully through my fickle design kicks. :)
And I'm slightly obsessed with the little turned caster feet.
It's also super comfortable and sturdy (with a great warranty), which means it will be around for a long, long time.
Pretty much everything in our house is from a yard sale or inherited, so this was our first real furniture purchase. I've been waiting for it for a long time- it was my motivation to get us completely out of debt (student loans, cars, credit cards), and we finally did it! Maybe that's part of why I love it so much.
A big improvement from our old one, which had broken supports, mouse-chewed holes, pen decorations, and on top of that- was way too big for the space. Yeah, I'm not missing this old one much...

6 comments:

The Dahle Family said...

It's gorgeous, Sarah! And I can totally relate with our hodgepodge of hand-me-down, garage sale, and side of the road "Free-take me" furniture! The day of selecting furniture we love is till several years down the road for us. So for now, I glory in furniture that is already so well loved that I don't have to feel too bad when our kids forget for the 100th time that it is a couch, not a trampoline! Somehow standing on an arm and doing a tuck flip onto the seats is just so satisfying to a 6-yr-old boy!

Rachel Sorber said...

Yay! It's beautiful, Sarah. I love the lines, and the style. Congratulations on getting out of debt!

Bon-Bon said...

Great choice!! I love neutral things that can go along with decorating whims, too. Love your blog, btw.

merathon said...

what a fun reward for getting out of debt! neutral is SO the way to go with expensive pieces like couches! you chose well. (i learned the hard way-- i made the mistake of buying a red couch 5 years ago. it's really comfy, but i totally regret the color choice now!) i'll never make that mistake again.

Momo Cannon said...

It looks great! Is it big enough for a grandma to sleep on?

Hi Lowe! said...

Beautiful!!!! I really...really love it. I have been falling for herringbone lately...hmmm. :) You've given me an idea, and confidence to maybe use the pattern somewhere...somehow. :)