Tuesday, May 25, 2010

Cheerleaders

I do really well when I have the right cheerleader. Paul encourages me all the time to keep up with my art, which is wonderful. But this week, at the prodding of Benjamin, I started and finished a painting in about 5 hours. This has got to be a record! He kept asking me if I was going to finish today, and gave me the time I needed to do it. He even entertained Peter when needed to help me get it done. So thanks, Benjamin! You're exactly the encouragement I needed. And nevermind that the perspective is totally off and the cat should be at least twice as big. It's done. I was really trying to empower timid little Benjamin Bunny and Peter Rabbit! ;) They could totally take on that cat. Here it is next to the cow jumping over the moon and Drummer Hoff. And here's the other recent addition to the room- another toddler bed! We got it for free from a friend who is moving. I figure that with three kids under the age of four, we'll use it! Peter really wanted to try it out tonight, but didn't quite get the hang of it. Eventually he wanted to return to the security of his crib, which is fine with me. He's still a little young. Next project in there will be coordinating bedspreads and doing something with the windows. One of the pull down blinds is broken, so it's permanently down. Besides, they do nothing for the space. I might just replace the broken one and make pelmet boxes using this tutorial.

3 comments:

Liz said...

You kill me. I love the bunnies. You inspire me. :-)

Rachel Sorber said...

Wow--pelmet boxes? Never even heard of them, but they'd look fantastic in there. A nice bold red or blue, perhaps... You're so creative. Way to go, Benjamin and Peter, for giving your mother FIVE WHOLE HOURS to paint!!!

alexandra said...

Gorgeous!!!