Tuesday, April 08, 2008

We're Getting Excited!

Three days until Benjamin and I fly to Virginia to see both sets of grandparents, 10 or so aunts and uncles, and 4 cousins! We're pretty excited about it, but it's going to be a long time away from Paul. 11 days to be exact. He'll keep himself busy I'm sure with episodes of Psych, New Amsterdam and other silly shows that I rarely if reluctantly agree to watch with him. Oh, and he'll be chaperoning at the Priest's and Laurel's Mormon Prom. Call me a dork, but I'm actually kind of bummed that I don't get to go to that with him. I've never been to a "Mormon Prom" myself, so I'm curious! Oh, well. Another time, perhaps.
I am a little nervous about the flight. The last time I flew when I was pregnant was also towards the end of my first trimester, and it was not a happy ending. I just wish I had had the doggy bag within reach! Poor Paul.
No, I've actually been a lot better during this pregnancy, so it shouldn't be so bad. I've been able to manage my nausea really well with enough sleep and frequent small meals throughout the day. My #1 craving has been bread. Good bakery bread, bagels, English muffins, you name it. With Benjamin it was all about the hamburgers! Paul and I both suspect this will probably be a girl. I think we've always thought that. Probably because we both want a little brother for Benjamin so badly. We'll take whatever comes, though!

5 comments:

Melanie said...

Oh and I found it very interesting that (darn it, I can't remember who gave the talk anyway...) one of the twelve spoke about one of the two points that make Christian. That was a good talk.

Sarah said...

How fun to go see family. We flew with Emma at Thanksgiving and she did pretty good. We just majorly stocked up on the snacks (for me and her) and we were good. Flying pregnant has never bothered me. I hope you do okay this time around.
I'm excited to see what you're having. Are you going to find out?

alexandra said...

We are excited, too! Andrew for some reason keeps asking about Benjamin and then asking me what his mommy's name is. I think he really is psychic! :) I hope your flight is uneventful and quick. Can't wait to see you.

Btw, it is a boy. Cannons only have boys. Except for Josh and Anne who are going to have a baby girl and use a name not off either of our lists.

Momo Cannon said...

I hope you have a smooth trip. I will be so sad to miss seeing you and Benjamin. I told Abby and Katie to take lots of pictures. Have a great time tell Benjamin that Momo loves him!

Liz said...

Have a great trip! I would just say if things go crazy, just let 'em be crazy. Go with the flow. You'll be able to sleep, shower and eat eventually. ;-)